December 19, 2009

So now I have added the Canon 40D to my photography tools.
I am quite impressed w/ its high ISO performance and AF speed. No wonder it's always
compared to its PRO brother the Canon 1D series and 5D(classic). (Remember the Sacred Cow??? :D)

Now I am wondering if I should use it as a main camera for my sidelines specially when covering wedding events. The 40D's AF is fast and accurate and doesn't hesitate even in low light. It gives me better confidence when shooting people. I have compared it against my Sony A700 last night and it's slightly better. Now, the problem is which lens to use during events. W/ the Alpha system, I am using the A700 w/ the SAL16-80/3.5-4.5 (80mm@4.5!) [price @ ~PHP33T] and the closest range I can find available on the Canon mount is the 17-85 IS USM [price @ ~PHP28T]. Fortunately, I was able to borrow my officemate's unit. To cut the long story short, the Canon can't match the SonyCZ lens =( But the 40D body continues to impress me specially on its high ISO capability. With lesser noise, it is indeed better than A700's 1600.
The Canon EF-S 17-85 (shot w/ A700|SAL1680):
The reviews in FredMiranda's site is quite conclusive.

The next candidate is the Sigma 17-70... but Sigma is another story :D
I think I have to give it to the A700/SAL1680 combo - it's a combo that is quite hard to beat.

So I guess I'll just have to get the Tokina 11-16 (or 12-24) and delegate the 40D for UWA duty ;-)

No comments:

Current Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON