May 23, 2011

Waiting Game

Just came from trips to Cebu/Bohol and Hundred Islands w/ my MFT system.

Was able to borrow the Panasonic 45-200/4-5.6 Lumix G Vario Mega OIS
(available at USD299.99 at Amazon)

from a colleague and it impressed me during the vacation. The Mega OIS really works (Mode 1)!

One deal breaker for me though is that the 45mm's AOV is not wide enough hence I usually end up switching lenses. Hence I've decided to go for the 14-140.

But then again... I have to wait for a couple of things.

1. If ever I get the refund for my Olympus M.Zuiko 14-150
(price has gone down to USD499.99 at Amazon)

2. According to 43rumours, Panasonic is due to release 5 new lenses in June. I'm anticipating further price drops on the old lenses.

That's about it for the zoom lens.


Then there's the news about an Olympus M.Zuiko 12mm/f2.

This definitely stopped me dead on my tracks about getting the M.Zuiko 9-18/4-5.6
(available at Amazon for USD599.99)

I've been lusting on the Panasonic 7-14 but the price is too much for me.
Found a local seller for the Oly 9-18 but the price is steep.
Now I'm not sure if I should bargain.
Do I really need a 12/2?
Questions and Decisions...

Not sure if I should be happy or not, the waiting and deciding will definitely hurt my head :D
but it will definitely give me more time to think about my MFT lineup.
I'd rather wait then.


Last thing...
was very surprised to learn that I didn't use the 20/1.7 much during the trips
Sell? :D

No comments:

Current Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON