March 29, 2011

Not another body and lens

Last night I realized that I still have my KM7D
^image borrowed from Luminous Landscape^

and thought that I'll just get a wide angle lens for it. My only issue with KM bodies is the AF. How in the world they let the AF performance degrade from Minolta Dynax/Maxxum (film) 7 AF to KM7D?!
Anyway, with an UWA (ultra wide angle) lens - AF performance will not matter much.
I was then very surprised to see that Tokina 11-16/2.8 is already available in the A-mount!
It's available in Amazon for USD599
- cheaper by USD100 than the Sigma 8-16
But in this case, I will not think twice of getting the Tokina :)

The Tokina 11-16 sort of dumped my 'want' of the Panasonic GF2/14mm...
unless I see a good deal on the GH1 that I've been hunting for since last year :D
It's currently available in Amazon for USD399.95

Really tempting... I just hope I can get a good deal on a used one locally.

No comments:

Current Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON