April 30, 2011

Bits and Pieces per Second

My GH13 (hacked Panasonic Lumix GH1 Micro Four Thirds camera w/ video) clamored when I was recording in Full HD (Full High-Def) of video. Worst, i get corrupted clips from time to time. Good thing I was able to copy the corrupted files with jfilerecovery \m/

"Motion recording was cancelled due to the limitation of the writing speed of the card".
That was the nasty error I was getting. Apparently, I was only using a class 4 SDHC which offers 4Mbps writing speed. Too slow for Full HD which peaks at 28Mbps.

Solution: Get a faster SDHC - class 10 at the least:

SanDisk Extreme Class 10 SDHC for HD Video

$59 at amazon

It costs me ~USD76 locally but it was worth it --- no more short clips and corrupted files and it's worth 4H of Full HD! \m/
It now officially replaces my Panasonic NV-DA1 :P

No comments:

Current Moon Phase

CURRENT MOON